NITA's Core Values
- Quality- promote quality assured learning, credible assessment and certification that takes into consideration skills, knowledge, values and attitudes.
- Equity and access- Create opportunities for all to acquire skills throughout life, and especially for youth, women and disadvantaged groups.
- Responsiveness, relevance and adaptability- develop a high-quality skilled workforce/entrepreneur relevant to current and emerging employment market needs.
- Lifelong learning- emphasis on skill acquisition that is bankable, relevant and beneficial to learner.
- Public-Private Partnerships- facilitate collaboration between educators and industry
- Diversity of skills- identify, appreciate, catalog and project the range and depth of skills
- Dynamism and innovation- promote and reward growth by embracing change in every sector for development
- Flexibility- enhance mobility and portability
- Choice, competition and accountability- eliminate discrimination between private or public delivery places and emphasis made on outcomes and deliveries.
Responsibilities of NITA
- Management and Supervisory training; Apprenticeship Training,
- Craft, Technician (Skill-Upgrading)
- Indentured learners,
- National Industrial Attachment Programmes, Curriculum development,
- Trade testing and certification,
- Inspection of training providers;
- Administration of Industrial Training Levy Fund
- Administration of the four Industrial Training Centres